Remember these thoughts as the days pass by, and promise yourself you will read them more often than you should.
1. You will not believe in anything simply because you’ve heard it and it is rumored by many. You will not believe in anything simply on the authority of your teachers and elders. But after observation and analysis, when you know for yourself that something, if undertaken and practiced, will lead to the welfare and happiness of one and all, you will accept it and live up to it.
2. Before speaking, you will reflect on whether what you’re about to say is true, kind, and helpful.
4. Whatever you keep pursuing with your thinking and pondering becomes the inclination of my awareness, so you will watch my thoughts and their ways with care.
5. You will not consider the faults of others or what they have or have not done. Rather, you will consider what you yourself have done or have not done.
6. As a solid rock is not moved by the wind, you will not be moved by praise or blame.
7. You will develop and cultivate your mind.